How to join
Microsoft Application Support Policy
The information provided by the Microsoft Application Support Policy is for guidance purposes only. Please visit the Products listing to review the latest information available
- Why are Hyper-V and Virtual Server not part of SVVP?
- How/where can I find out more about the vendor, version and configurations that I am considering for deployment? If my deployed solutions are not validated how can I get them to become validated?
- What operating systems will Microsoft support on validated hypervisors?
- How often will the list of supported solutions be updated?
- What are the customer benefits of this program and what is different now?
- Are older versions of virtualization products validated through SVVP supported?
- If my company is running a validated configuration and my vendor updates and validates newer versions, will my validation expire? How long will I be able to get support from Microsoft?
- What product changes require a vendor to retest and resubmit their product?
- Will we ever have to reproduce issues we are experiencing on SVVP-validated solutions on hardware?
- Does the SVVP cover all Windows Server Roles?
- Does Microsoft support virtualization software from other companies?
- If a software company validates the current version of Windows Server, are earlier versions of Windows Server supported?
- A virtualization solution provider claims to support Windows NT4 and earlier service packs of Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003. Are these earlier operating systems supported through SVVP?
- Is a validated virtualization product required to expose to the Windows operating system and applications running in a virtual machine that the 'machine' or system environment is virtual?
I'm having issues searching / finding
I see an error in the content
I'm having problems with my account
The site is missing a product or feature